Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beauty and the Review: Gel Manicure

What: Gel Manicure

Brand: Daisy

Line: N/A

Color: Not sure what the actual name is, but clearly it is bright pink.

Price: $30 at a nail salon

Application: Somebody else does all the work.

Coverage: N/A

Longevity: I have had this for 10 days now, the top photos was taken the day after I got it and the bottom photo was taken at the 10 day mark. Chipped nail polish is very annoying to me, so with regular nail polish I have to redo my nails every few days, not the case with the gel manicure. I did have a nail chip because I was moving into my new plance and banging my hands (and elbows) into EVERYTHING, and only having chipped one was quite the accomplishment. Not to mention my hands were submerged in every kind of cleaner imagineable and the gel is still on there! (I should mention that the top photo is a more true to the actual color)

Positives: It lasts forever and is so shiny.

Negatives:  As your nails grow out, so does the manicure, so getting one every 2 weeks might be in order if you don't want to look like white trash, however, that could get spendy at $30 a pop. I plan to explore DIY options, so stay tuned for that!

In a nut shell: I would reccomend a gel manicure to anybody who asked  my opinion, I love love love it.