Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicka-Chicka-Yeah

I met Sweet sop Passion fruit when I ran track in college, we pole vaulted together. In meets, after clearing a height, we'd like to say "Chicka-Chicka-yeah!", actually we'd do it in practice sometimes too. Anyway, we were vaulting indoors, I can't remember if it was during actual indoor season or if we were just vaulting inside because it was so crappy outside. Anyway, Sweet sop was up to take her vault, which she made (chick-Chicka-yeah!), her next vault however she did not make. What happened was she came down with a leg on either side of the cross bar, and took a hit straight to the ole crotch. I winced, laughed and felt bad for her. I can't remember how the meet finished for either of us. She has no idea how much anxiety I had about crotch shots for the rest of my track life.