Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beauty and the Review: Mascara #1B

This is the second part of this review, part one Mascara #1A gave a brief intro of the product, part two is going to include the final results and ultimately how I feel about the product. I have been using this mascara for 30 days, a huge commitment for me because I always have more than one mascara in my arsenal, so sticking to just one for a month kind of annoyed me. Rimmel claims that using this mascara continuously for 30 days, your lashes will appear fuller and more numerous. The top photo of my eye was taken the first day I used it, the bottom photo was taken this morning, day 30.


What: Volumizing Mascara

Brand: Rimmel London

Line: Lash Accelerator 

Color: Black

Price: $8, roughly

Application: Wire bristled wand, one side with long bristles for the upper lashes, and the other side with short bristles for the lower lashes. 

Coverage: Pretty good I'd say, you don't need to pile it on


Longevity: When I first apply it in the morning my lashes look longer and slightly fuller than they did with out it but by night time they don't look like anuthing special, certainly not volumized. It can also get flaky by the end of the day, but that could be that I end up rubbing my eyes later in the day. 

Positives: It's nice and black, I tend to think black mascaras are not black enough. Also, it does make them look fuller, but not as full as I want, I think the commercials gave me very high/unrealistic expectations.

Negatives:  A you can see in the photos there is an improvement in my lashes, but not much, like I said the commercial gave me high expectations. Also, it's a clumpy formula, that right there made me want to give up after 5 days, but I found that placing the tube in hot water for a few minutes (more than 5 but less than 10) helped with the clumping. Now I'm note sure if it's the brush or the mascara formula, but my lashes don't really separate, they cling to each other, I'm not very fond of this look (the London look?). 

In a nut shell: This product does what it claims, but does not do what I want it to, I like feathers for lashes, not spider legs. If I could have only one mascara for the rest of my life, this would not be it